Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Update on Garrett

Well its already been two weeks since Garrett left and went to the MTC. We have been receiving letters pretty regularly from him and I thought I would give everybody an update. He absolutely loves the MTC. He has a companion that is from Connell right now and they are going to the same mission. Weird huh. He says hes not somebody he would usually hang out with but he says he loves him anyway. Big step for Garrett. He also was able to do a session at the Provo temple last week which he had to get up at 5am to attend. He said it was awesome and he loved it! Also very much not like Garrett he usually would sleep till 12. The MTC really changes people I can see that now. Garrett is turning into a perfect little young man right before our eyes and it is an awesome thing to experience as his sister. He likes the food he says its hit and miss. He leaves the MTC on June 10th to head down to Arizona. I will post pictures soon when I get them from my mom. He is doing really well and loves everything he is doing right now. So keep him in you prayers!

4 comments:

Jan said...

Loved hearing the update Laurel. Thanks. These are special times for your whole family. Keep us posted. We are all so proud of him.

ashley said...

Yay for Garrett! Or shall I say Elder Mathews...what a good kid. I can't even get up at 5 in the morning, I'm so happy for him! Thanks for the update lo

Debie Spurgeon said...

We are so proud of Garrett. Your mom was so proud telling me about his experiences when we spoke the other day. We will keep him in our prayers and pray for a successful mission. It sounds as though you are a proud sister too.

Marilyn said...

I am so glad Garrett is enjoying the MTC, and his companion. Connell? That is crazy.