Tuesday, October 14, 2008

3 days and counting....

Our house is done and we move on Friday! At first I though this day couldn't come fast enough. Back in June we decided that living with my parents would be best while our house was being built. Our lease in our apartment was up that month and having to pay rent and save up for a down payment just didn't seem realistic. So my parents agreed and we moved in on June 9th! Well back then if you would of asked me if I was ready to leave I would say yes in a heart beat. Now well I am not so sure. Of course I am ready to move into our nice new house, and get organized cause lets face it we don't have much space here, but I am going to miss my mom a lot! she has been such a big help while we have been living here. She has babysat Lytton I don't even know how many times, shopped for the groceries, and been good company for me while Rich has been working. So this weekend is going to be bitter sweet for everyone!

15 comments:

Kendall said...

Congratulations, Laurel! It's finally here. It will be nice to live in your own house and have all that space. And if you get bored your mom only lives like 4 seconds away. Can't wait for you to post pics of the finished product. See ya later. =)

Chelle said...

Congrats on being so close to the end! Let us know if you'll need any help. Not that *I* can help much, but I'm sure Phil won't mind that I voluntered his muscles. lol

Em and Ms said...

How exciting! Moving is work, but it'll be so great when your done. And yeah, you're lucky your mom still lives so close! I only get to see mine a couple times a year!

The Warnicks said...

Yea I guess it sounds retarded saying I am going to miss my mom when she is only going to live like 5 minutes away, but it has been nice having a live in babysitter!

Heather said...

I can't wait to come over!! {you are planning on inviting me, right?}

LaDeaux family said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to see the house. I hope you're not too lonely in your big house.

Debie Spurgeon said...

That is really, really exciting. Enjoy your new ward, we'll miss you.

ashley said...

Thats right I forgot your going to be in a different ward now! That will be weird when visiting, does this mean I will have to visit three wards when I come home :) I bet your mom is sad having you guys move out, you guys are great company to have around! Good luck with the house, we are SO excited for you guys!

dandee said...

I can't wait to see your house all put together and looking fab!

Catherine said...

Great! I'm so happy that you will be in your new home. I, too, would have a difficult time leaving my mom after having that convenient help! Good luck with the move! I'll miss you as my visiting teaching companion.

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Hooray for you guys--I am so excited for you. Tell your dear Mom hi for me--I miss her she is such a sweetheart!

The Garden Maiden said...

Bishop Purdue asked me about you Wed and I said I thought this was the week. I can't wait to see it. I know your Mom is going to miss you guys. A lot!

LKP said...

congrats laurel & fam since your 3 days have come and gone, how does it feel now? =) Very exciting. when you need a break from unpacking, give my blog a look-see, the last post is in regards to halloween...hope you guys'll be able to come out to play that night! =)
-Keely

Amy J. said...

So how lame am I that I didn't even know you guys were building!? Where exactly are you moving? That is one thing I will never experience is the smell of a brand new house. Good luck and enjoy!

Meghan said...

Hi Laurel!! I am glad you found my blog! Congrats on the new house! That is so exciting. Lytton is getting so big... he is adorable!!