Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Busy, Busy moms listen up!

If your household is anything like mine, summers are just crazy busy! Dinner is the last thing you want to think about especially when in the evenings are usually the busiest. So as a new mom I have some tips to help ease the pain of thinking about what to make for dinner. Now a lot of you may already have this figured out, but to me its all new. Ok so my first tip is to make as much as possible in the morning as you can. The afternoons get so hot and its usually when we are the busiest. I like to make my salads in the morning like a pea salad or macaroni. In the summer we always eat fresh vegetables and fruit. Cut up watermelon, cucumbers , onions and corn on the cob are always on hand cause they make the easiest sides! For a main dish we almost always BBQ. Lately BBQ chicken is a hit around here. I cook the chicken in the morning for 1 hour then put it in the fridge until later to BBQ. This way all your doing is heating it up and its really fast. If your husband is anything like mine he will always call and let me know when hes on his way home. This way I know I have 20 minutes to throw together dinner because most of it is already done! Let me know of any other great tips or dishes for this summer. What is your family eating this summer??

5 comments:

Jan said...

What a great idea Busy Mother.

We eat the veggies too. Love it. Although today, I went to a fast food and realized why I don't like to go anymore.

We eat alot of fish. That is what Ed has been bringing home.

Sounds yummy. Join us sometime for the night ride up and down the road. You can not believe the work out. We were all dying last night because the wind was sort of blowing, so we decided to just whip up and down the road. It was so tough. That little upgrade is major after a few times.

ashley said...

Thanks for the tips Lo! Good ideas :)

As for what we're eating this summer, our summer diets are consisting of Oreos, cereal, McD's, ColdStone and The Stack attack (a must from Wendys!)

Debie Spurgeon said...

You are smart! But do I ever plan ahead and do this? NO.
Britton's new favorite food is corn on the cob, so we've been having a lot of that. Our very generous neighbors have been bringing over fresh veggies and they are so, so good.

Chelle said...

I wish I was as organized as you! lol The only reason my family is eating anything this summer is thanks to Phil... Usually I even just *think* about making something, and then my lovely morning sickness decides to visit...augh!

Ms. Kristen said...

I just found your blog through Marilyn! You go girl! I can't believe how domestic you are! So fun! And cute baby!
Remember when you were in YW and you never thought you could cook etc.! I am very impressed!