Sunday, July 6, 2008

Wallowa Fun!!!

Well we had an amazing trip! Lytton was such a little trooper. He made the whole 4 hour drive with no problems, I was quite impressed because he can get impatient in the car just when we drive around town! He was such a good baby for us it was just amazing. Well we did plenty of fun things, I had never been to Wallowa lake before, but we had so much fun we plan on going back every summer. They had an amazing hiking trail we climbed and there was a waterfall at the top it was gorgeous. We drove go carts, rode on paddle boats which Lytton loved, except for the life jacket! They had horse back riding and a tram that took you to the top of the mountain! We walked down to ride the tram and it had broken down with people on it so they had to fly in a rescue helicopter to get them down. Thank goodness Lytton needed a nap first or that would of been us up there! We were kind of bummed that we didn't get to ride it, but I guess next year. We also were able to walk right up to deer and feed them, Lytton loved that! The last thing I wanted to share was something that I did that I have always wanted to do and for me it was very adventurous, I was able to go PARA SAILING! I loved it it was so much fun, and not even that scary I would defiantly do it again! Here are some amazing pictures from our trip!

Rich, Lytton and I after paddle boating

Lytton on the paddle boat

Lytton and Grandpa on our hike

Rich, Lytton and I on our hike

Getting ready to Para Sail

Up, up, up

Lytton an Daddy getting ready to swim

Lytton and Rich on our hike

Feeding the deer

7 comments:

Jan said...

You and Jodi are like the daredevils of the ward. It is so pretty there. I love those shots. Lytton is so so cute. Glad he endured it well. We were so close to the same place. We were all over that area too.

Have a great week Laurel.

rip said...

I've always wanted to go there! It looks absolutely beautiful! I'm glad Lytton traveled well for you. Next time invite me. I'll babysit!

ashley said...

Laurel, I can't believe you went Parasailing! I'm very impressed you thrill seeker you! Way to go! It looks like you guys had a great time, and you got some even cuter pictures!

Jodi said...

That looks like a total fun trip. I went parasailing in the Bahamas (before kids) and LOVED it. I did think it was a little freaky at how quiet it is WAAAAY up there. All you can hear is the creaking of the rope. But I'd do it again in a second too! We should go. :) (And Terri, does that invitation go to everyone???) ;)

Debie Spurgeon said...

I can't believe that you parasailed. I always thought that looked like so much fun, but I'm too chicken I think. What a beautiful spot for a vacation. I love that you want to return there every summer, I wish we had a tradition like that. Maybe we can copy you guys and go to Wallowa.

♥miss~mattie♥ said...

That looks so much FUN!!!!! Lytton is so cute. Glad you had fun.
bye bye.

Deborama said...

Hey here you are, I never got your new blog address. Your pics are awesome! I love those with the blue sky and tracter, those are amazing! Your such a cute family!