Monday, August 25, 2008

Cold turkey!

Well as you know Lytton is one now. I decided on his one year birthday that I would cut him off of bottles. I know some people like to go longer, but for me I decided that I am sick of being a slave to a bottle for him at bed time and nap time. So its been a week and a half since he turned one and today is the day! I am really going to do it I have procrastinated long enough, it is time! So I am probably going to try a sippy cup first and if that doesn't work then I will just let him cry it out today at his nap until he goes to sleep. So any words of encouragement would be nice or other moms with better tips on getting rid of that dang bottle! So wish me luck here I go nap time is in 5 minutes!
On a side note also we close on our house on October 16th! We are super excited, they are sheet rocking today so I am sure I will have pictures up very soon!

9 comments:

Chelle said...

Good luck on the no bottle thing! I'm slowly trying to wean Zac now so that hopefully he'll be done with them on his own by his birthday. So if you find tips that work, let me know!

Darin said...

Good luck! I am not looking forward to the day I have to get rid of Ivy's pacifier. I noticed when I weaned Ivy that she just needed a little bit more comfort from somewhere else. Just a thought. Well have a good day! Love you guys.

Heather said...

Bottles.... our kids gave them up before they were one, so I don't know. Good luck!

dandee said...

sending good luck vibes your way...

Jodi said...

My kids never did bottles, but they all had pacifiers and I found that taking them away the earlier (around 1), the easier it was. Less complaining. :) Good luck!

Kendall said...

I started giving Ross a sippy cut almost as soon as he could hold his own bottle. He cried the first couple times, but Jonathan literally SHOWED him how suck on it by letting the baby watch him. Since then he's known what to do, and surprisingly he doesn't get confused between bottle and sippy cup. SO, I don't know! All kids are different, I'm sure. Good luck!

Marilyn said...

Good Luck Laurel. Milestones like this are hard for me...I dread them and put them off, so I'm thinking of you.

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Good Luck Chic--I am thinking the same thing with Colton and his binkie--but when I get all tough and down to business, inevitably he gets sick or something and I succomb. I need to toughen up!

ashley said...

As soon as you learn to do it, you can show me in a few years. Good luck!